A Playlist To Write To: Bounty Huntin’ Blues

Bounty Hunting Blues Playlist
How do you feel about bounty hunters?

I’m talking about people the colour of rust, detached and dry, dragging their shadows through deserts and ghost towns in search of that coveted bounty, that next spark, that reason for living.

It’s a journey we all take, bounty hunting or not.

Today’s playlist is built on the idea of this dusty, blood-stained loner.

Mr. Hallelujah is a bounty hunter in my novel, a grinning mirage of a man that’s as fractured as they come.

Perhaps I was thinking of Mr. Hallelujah as I created this playlist.

Perhaps I was thinking of his writer.

Whatever the case, I hope this playlist helps you write some gritty scenes!

[8tracks width=”400″ height=”400″ playops=”” url=”http://8tracks.com/mixes/4460220″]

20 thoughts on “A Playlist To Write To: Bounty Huntin’ Blues

1. Sarah G. says:

Mr. Hallelujah is an awesome name for a bounty hunter. Nice. That alone makes me want to read your novel. And your ability to write with a strong voice, of course. =) I saw that you were around 50,000 words in. Are you getting close to finishing it? If you ever need extra proofreading or creative support, I’m always up for it. (I’m missing my creative writing workshops like you would not believe these days.)

Loved the Kendra Morris version of Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Lots of sentimental background with that song. It makes me tear up every time.

Thanks for your offer, Sarah. I miss those creative writing workshops too, and would be up for proofreading or supporting your writing/poetry endeavours as well. I finished the novel but am rewriting everything in first person, so I’ll give it a deadline of fall 2014. Wish me luck!

Shine On You Crazy Diamond is a masterpiece. I’m happy you like the Kendra Morris cover. I find Pink Floyd fans to be highly polarized in their opinions of creative reinterpretations. : P

Damn! There I was, cooking up a bounty hunter for book III of my vampire series – ‘Crazymandias’ he was going to be! Looks like I’m going to have to think again!

As soon as I clicked on ‘submit comment’ I thought I would make Crazymandias a collector of old stuff and make the bounty hunter into a totally different person. No place for either of them in the actual plot yet – they just seem to be interesting characters. You never know – just throwing words at ideas and vice versa.

I like the playlist by the way.

Nice music! My main character was a bounty hunter in some very early drafts. But I wanted to make him more of a softie, so I changed him to an ex-Navy SEAL turned chef instead 😛 Hopefully I’ll get to write a bounty hunter one day, because they’re bamfs!

4. Mary says:

Bounty Hunter blues – love this, I so get it with painting – wonderful writing (captured and caught in your words net). The lone one out there – little blood, a lot of sweat and maybe some tears. But getting it done – great play list. Someone mentioned 50,000 words here, congrats!